[Neuroscience] Biocytin labeling in adult brain slices

Karthik Rajasekaran via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by kr5z from virginia.edu)
Wed Mar 14 11:25:13 EST 2007

Hi
I have only limited success (approx. 50%) with biocytin labelling of neurons
from which I record whole cell currents from thalamic relay neurons. The
protocol that I use is fairly standard in which singal is amplified by
incubating the sections in ABC and then reacted with DAB. The slices are
obtained 8-9 month old rats, and often those that present with extensive
gliosis....though I do not see any reason why that would affect it as long
as I get my cell to record...  Any advice / suggestions will be greatly
appreciated. Thank you!
Karthik