[Neuroscience] Re: Depression, behavior, and Neurobiology

konstantin kouzovnikov myukhome at hotmail.com
Tue May 23 16:23:08 EST 2006

>multi-faceted system utilized within the United States.  However, I am not
>sure
>that there is a large difference in outcomes when compared to Societies
>that
>have one payer national health insurance.

My point is the resourse and the law providing the certainty that each
client received an appropriate assessment which, according to the best
practice stadards must me a/ comprehensive and b/ multidisciplinary, just
like the very scientific evidence that it is the multidisciplinary treatment
that is the most effective.

The issue is mostly political, again, for the 99% or even more of people
presenting depressive symptoms. What is depressive is the fact that such a
discussion is oriented onto "incompetent" clinicians. The fact is that the
most competent and ethical are hostages to the lack of the available
assessment resources. But who among us likes doing real politics? So the
issue stays.. in the kitchen.
Regards,
KK