IUBio Biosequences .. Software .. Molbio soft .. Network News .. FTP

Re. brain sizes: Einstein's and women's

John Knight jwknight at polbox.com
Tue Oct 1 13:25:53 EST 2002


"Cary Kittrell" <cary at afone.as.arizona.edu> wrote in message
news:ana8tc$mpv$1 at oasis.ccit.arizona.edu...
> In article <PP0m9.91967$S32.6022410 at news2.west.cox.net> "John Knight"
<jwknight at polbox.com> writes:
> <
> <"Cary Kittrell" <cary at afone.as.arizona.edu> wrote in message
> <news:an9uhs$hcd$1 at oasis.ccit.arizona.edu...
> <> In article <z0yl9.88162$S32.5581039 at news2.west.cox.net> "John Knight"
> <<jwknight at polbox.com> writes:
> <> <
> <> <"Cary Kittrell" <cary at afone.as.arizona.edu> wrote in message
> <> <news:an2pce$lmp$1 at oasis.ccit.arizona.edu...
> <> <> In article <otf9pu0qg3lod90tb27amvqofqfmhr6vhp at 4ax.com> Bob
LeChevalier
> <> <<lojbab at lojban.org> writes:
> <> <> <
> <> <> <"John Knight" <jwknight at polbox.com> wrote:
> <> <> <>The jews claim that, and I quote:  "six million jews died in *the*
> <> <> <>Holocaust".
> <> <> <
> <> <>     {...}
> <> <> <
> <> <> <>How could this have happened if there were half a million MORE
jews
> <> <after
> <> <> <>WWII than before, according to their OWN statistics?
> <> <> <
> <> <> <The statistics you cite are garbage even of they actually appeared
in
> <> <> <a publication.
> <> <> <
> <> <> <>Do you believe the figure that the jews published in 1940 which
> <showed
> <> <that
> <> <> <>worldwide the population of jews was 15.3 million?
> <> <> <
> <> <> <No.  It was not possible to count people accurately in the middle
of a
> <> <> <major war.  Furthermore, there is no authoritative basis to say
that
> <> <> <"the Jews" published any figure.  Individuals who happened to be
> <> <> <Jewish may have used various numbers, but they did not speak for
"the
> <> <> <Jews", only for themselves.
> <> <> <
> <> <> <>Do you believe their figure in 1946 of 15.8 million is accurate?
> <> <> <
> <> <> <No. Even less so, since there was no capability to count people in
> <> <> <Europe accurately in 1946.  It took almost 3 years after the end of
> <> <> <WWII for Europeans to finish resettling all refugees.
> <> <> <
> <> <>
> <> <> Oh, it runs deeper than even that.  John will only rant about
> <> <> the worlwide change in the Jewish population vs. the number
> <> <> of Causacians who he says died in the War.  Nowhere will
> <> <> he ever compare the worldwide population increases of both
> <> <> groups, nor will he address the local -- theater of war --
> <> <> population changes of both groups.
> <> <>
> <> <> An exact analogue of his argument, mirrored, would be
> <> <> that 48 million Cauasianscs could not possibly have died
> <> <> in the war, because look: the worldwide population actually
> <> <> increased during the same interval.
> <> <>
> <> <>
> <> <> -- cary
> <> <
> <> <
> <> <This is a great example of your inability to reason, cary.  To
> <demonstrate
> <> <the absurdity of your statement, let's use the actual population
figures.
> <> <
> <> <The US Census Bureau estimates that the world population in 1940 was
2.3
> <> <billion of whom 346 million or 15% were Caucasians.  During WWII, the
LOW
> <> <end of the Russian estimate for the number of Whites in Russia killed
is
> <25
> <> <million, and the LOW end of the estimate for the number of Whites in
> <Europe
> <> <killed
> <> <is 48 million, for a total of 73 million.  This war left only 273
million
> <> <Caucasians, down to less than 11% of the world population.  This IS a
> <> <holocaust for most of them, as well as for the Caucasian Race.
> <> <
> <>
> <>
> <>         {...}
> <>
> <>
> <> "Cary can't reason", claims the man who appears to believe that
> <> whites worldwide forgot how to f.ck over this eight-year period.
> <>
> <> Typical creationist-style argumentation: concentrate on the outputs,
> <> ignore the inputs (or vice-versa).  More generally used to claim that
if
> <> the world were really so old, all the mountains should have eroded flat
> <> or that the Mississippi delta should be a mile high.  The baldest kind
> <> of intellectual dishonesty.
> <>
> <>
> <> -- cary
> <
> <What kind of a moron could you possibly be to take a statement that
almost
> <one quarter of the Caucasians in the world were KILLED in a war and turn
it
> <into a "belief" that the problem was merely a lack of procreation?
>
>
>
> The kind of moron who notices that you use world-wide population
statistics
> for one side of your argument, but carefully avoid before-and-after
> world-wide population figures for the other side.
>

It was precisely "before-and-after world-wide population figures" that
you're attempting, unsuccessfully, to dispute.

To claim that the problem with 25% to 33% of Caucasians KILLED in a war was
a mere problem with procreation required you to take some really great dope,
eh?

Have you recovered, yet?

>
> <
> <If one quarter of the world's Caucasians were KILLED, they obviously
can't
> <procreate.  And no matter how quickly they procreate, no race or nation
can
> <make up for one quarter of its missing population overnight.
> <
> <Using these CONSERVATIVE figures, it took from 1946 to 1972, a quarter of
a
> <century, for Caucasians to make up for the loss.
> <
>
>
> Yeah, CONSERVATIVE, right.  How about:  38 million total Europeans, which
> includes 20 million Russians:
>
>     http://techcenter.davidson.k12.nc.us/fall013/1stgroup/ww2/ww2hist.htm

And what is the *source* of their figures?  Why didn't they even bother to
cite their source if it was credible?

John Knight





More information about the Neur-sci mailing list

Send comments to us at biosci-help [At] net.bio.net