Are men really brain damaged at birth?

dag.stenberg at nospam.helsinki.fi dag.stenberg at nospam.helsinki.fi
Thu Jun 28 16:18:50 EST 2001

Jure Sah <jure.sah at guest.arnes.si> wrote:
> There is quite little diffirence between children of one sex and the
> other, since (I think) there is no testosterone present in their bodies
> by then (especialy not at birth, when moments before the testosterone
> could pass in to the mother's body).

This shows the danger of not knowing enough. Testosterone is produced in
human male embryos from the eighth week, and is absolutely necessary for
the male sexual organs to develop. Fetal male rat and monkey brains develop
important behavioral characteristics due to their testosterone
secretion, and probably humans as well. It is thus not correct to state
that testosterone levels in male embryos and fetuses are not an
important difference from the female ones.

Dag Stenberg