About bionet

Richard Norman rsnorman at mediaone.net
Sat Jun 23 08:14:49 EST 2001

"Jure Sah" <jure.sah at guest.arnes.si> wrote in message
news:3B348F1A.3D8245C3 at guest.arnes.si...
> Richard Norman wrote:
> >     BIOSCI promotes communication between professionals in the
> >     biological sciences. All postings to the newsgroups should be
> >     made in that spirit. While the general public may "listen in"
> >     to the discussions, these newsgroups are intended primarily
> >     for communications between researchers. There are other
> >     forums on Usenet such as sci.bio.misc for the asking and
> >     answering of biological questions from lay persons.
>
> There is only one problem: There is no other neuro-anything english
> newsgroup.
>
> Anyway, if you filter this newsgroup off for everything except the
> researchers-talks, you'll probably have to delete all the posts.

Every once in a while, an actual researcher asks a research
type question and, surprisingly often, gets a technical response.
There definitely are neuroscientists out there who scan this
group looking for real neuroscience. And this newsgroup
is also very helpful to "lay" people with real questions
about science.

But I do find annoying the people who feel it necessary to
cross-post to bionet.neuroscience along with things like
comp.robotics or alt.conspiracy or alt.paranormal, just
to mention a few recent postings.