The Lie Director

howard.olson at juno.com howard.olson at juno.com
Thu Jun 21 17:20:59 EST 2001

In article <Pine.LNX.4.10.10106112102240.10025-100000 at ns1.ovis.net>, James Cobb
says...

>--------------------- THE LIE DIRECTOR ---------------------
>

>     Associated Press reports:
>
>        FBI Director Louis Freeh and his senior deputies
>        will take lie-detector tests....
>

>     AP quotes an FBI spokesperson:
>
>        "The director always includes himself in whatever
>        policy applies to FBI employees."
>

>     Therefore, among the suggested questions:
>

>              WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT CLINTON'S
>
>              USE OF SPECIAL OPERATIONS FORCES
>
>              TO BLOW UP THE FEDERAL BUILDING
>
>                     IN OKLAHOMA CITY ?
>

>     Don't expect too much.
>
>     Why not?
>
>     Excerpts from a memo Freeh sent to all FBI employees
>     in March:
>
>        "I recognize that many employees will approach a
>        polygraph with some degree of concern....
>
>        "Together, we will strike the proper balance between
>        security, operations and employee privacy."
>

>     Whassup?
>

>                     NO WHISTLEBLOWING !

>     ----
>
>     The AP story's datelined 1123 hours ET 6 April 2001
>     Washington DC.  It's headlined "Freeh To Take Lie-
>     Detector Test."
>
>     This critical essay was composed 6 April 2001 and
>     posted 11 June 2001, the day of the fake execution.
>
>  The Polygraph machine (I refuse to call it a lie detector!)
is pseudo-scientific rubbish. It is not admissible in court
and is based on the stress which does not strongly correlate with honesty for
frankness. The FBI is just taking advantage of the public's ignorance to quell
suspicions about the FBI's involvement with little or no risk that anything will
come of it.

Global Libertarianism
http://libertarian.gq.nu