About bionet

Marielle Fois im99_foa at nada.kth.se
Tue Jun 19 03:34:11 EST 2001

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Richard Norman wrote:

> Would it be useful to compose some sort of "stock message" to
> describe the purpose of bionet.neuroscience and to post it
> periodically?

It doesn't need to be periodically, I don't think that's a good idea.
Instead, whenever somebody makes a wrong use of this newsgroup,
specially flames with cross posting, the answer should be a link to
this newsgroup's usage, to remember them what this newsgroup was
meant for. Hopefully they will respect that, because if they don't,
they are demonstrating that keeping Internet with this level of
freedom is not possible, that the newsgroups and mailing lists should
be digested in order to keep them serious, and I don't think anybody
wants that.

About spamming, it is possible to react against them and say to the
spam source that this newsgroup be removed from their spamming list,
but then there must be somebody who wants and has time to do it.

Marielle