Is it possible to read someone's mind?

maxwell mmmaxwell at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 5 18:17:09 EST 2001

Brian <zhil at online.no> wrote in message
news:7XbT6.6787$lM3.133493 at news1.oke.nextra.no...
> "yan king yin" <y.k.y(at)lycos(dot)com> skrev i melding
> news:9fgrg0$jht2 at imsp212.netvigator.com...
<big snip>
 but I have one question.
> Extended vision from the ultra-violet to the infra-red zone.
> Is it possible to "train" the brain to adapt to such vision by
"squeezing"
> the Extended visual zone into what we have now (normal visual zone) ?

I haven't the foggiest notion what this "Extended" vision you've dreamed
about is supposed to be.
The constraint is at the level of the retina, specifically, at the level
of
absorption of pigments, i.e., of the rhodopsin molecules.

Meanwhile, there have been attempts to modify the absorption
characteristics
of visual pigments.
...a recent paper:
http://fly.hiwaay.net/~pspoole/echres.html#newsarticles

> I suspect there would be modifications to such a 'crackpot' idea.

A fair start would be disposal.

> Basically there is no limits to what could be done.

As long as you need not root your ideas in actual structures, sure !

> Just my thoughts...
> Sincerely,
> Brian

Have fun !