Neuroengineering Lab

yan king yin (at dot) y.k.y.lycos.com at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Mon Jun 4 15:49:04 EST 2001

Thanks for everyones replies earlier.  Since it is impractical to conduct
research on-line,  it seems that we must choose a location somewhere to open
the lab.  Secondly,  I wish to focus the research goal on neuro-electronic
devices and its commercialization,  as this already covers a broad area of
applications,  such as providing treatment for the quadriplegic and the blind.

>From my understanding i think that neuroelectronics has a significant market
that requires continued up-grade of technology.  Therefore R&D is essential.

I am trying to raise US$1-10M of seed money.  This means finding about 25
people and for each to contribute about 0.2M from his own.  I think the
important point is to form a team first and then figure out how to get more
funding.

I have conceived of a neuro-electronic interface that i guesstimate may take
about 5-10 years to develope.

The areas of research that are relevant to this project are:  nanofabrication,
nerve regeneration / synaptogenesis, biomedical engineering, amongst others.

If you are unsure whether you want to commit to it,  please email me and i
will keep you informed.  I will also continue to organize the exchange forum
for amateur labs =)

PS. I'm from China and thinking to move to UK or NZ.  Basically I can re-
-locate to any country provided there is some way to apply for a business
visa.