IUBio

Can neurons contain/use more than one neurotransmitter?

Ron Blue rcb5 at msn.com
Thu May 25 17:24:26 EST 2000

Yes, but don't ask for the source because I do not remember.

 It is likely the harmonic frequency in the nerve cell determines which
neurotransmitter is transported from the soma.  The neurotransmitters are
made in the soma.  It is likely that all are made, but the harmonic
frequency transports them differently.  I would suspect that more are made
when there is a reduction due to the transport - a replacement balance
system.  I have no facts to supports this only a theoretical model -
Correlational Opponent Processing at http://turn.to/ai

Ron Blue