Shaken baby syndrome

E. A. Henriksen eahenriksen at earthlink.com
Fri Aug 20 17:32:01 EST 1999

Lo and behold...
I went out looking for an appropriate news group to ask some questions
concerning shaken baby syndrome and the first one I check out has a brand
new thread on the subject.

In my community there was recently a criminal trial in which a young man was
found guilty of child abuse resulting in death.  The only evidence offered
up by the prosecution was the opinion of two 'experts'.  According to these
experts the cerebral and occular trauma observed in the child was consistent
with shaken baby syndrome.  My questions are regard the reliability of such
a diagnosis.  I am deeply concerned that an innocent man may well be sitting
in jail for the next fourteen years.