Who is interested in Rat DRG perforated patch ?

Ralph Leonhardt leo at neuroinformatik.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Aug 19 02:57:53 EST 1999

Hi there,

I have not done perforated patch, but have been whole-cell recording of
Ca-channel-currents from rat DRGs with Ba2+ as charge carrier. With those
I did not have 'serious' run down problems. An initial rundown usually
stabilized after a few minutes. I found that the run-down also depended on
external factors, especially temperature, since our lab was not
air-conditioned. Also high temperatures (above 25 centigrades) generally
affected seal-stability negatively. Hope that helps.

Good Luck, Leo

Ralph Leonhardt (Dipl.-Biol.)			Tel.:	+49 (0)234 700 5559
Inst. f. Neuroinformatik, Geb. ND 04/297	Fax:	+49 (0)234 709 4209
Ruhr-Universitaet-Bochum
D-44780 Bochum, Germany

E-mail: ralph.leonhardt at neuroinformatik.ruhr-uni-bochum.de