Questions on dorsal horn interneurons

YKA yk686 at chollian.net
Wed Aug 18 08:01:23 EST 1999

May I ask some questions ?
In the spinal cord, nonspecific "wide dynamic range cells"(WDR cells) are
reported to be functionally correlated with pain sensation. I guess that
firing of WDR cell by brushing is correlated with the sensation of touch or
something like that, and that by pressure is correlated with pressure
sensation ..and firing by noxious stimulation is correlated with pain
sensation ... Right ? Then... what is the respective roles of activities of
low threshold cell(LT cells) and WDR cell "evoked by non-noxious
stimulation"? Respective functional roles are some different ?  In addition,
high threshold cell(HT cells) is not functionally associated with pain
sensation itself?? Then what is the functional role of specific "high
threshold cells"???  Unfortunately I could not find "critical" references
for the above questions. Would someone give me any suggestions for my
questions ?? Thanks in advance !  Good luck !