Shaken baby syndrome

c_thomas_wild at my-deja.com c_thomas_wild at my-deja.com
Sun Aug 15 15:53:22 EST 1999

In article <37B22D8E.BAD81C33 at swbell.net>,
  mjyoder at swbell.net wrote:
> I am an inexperienced news group user, but I have been reading the
> postings for a few days.  This news group seems to have some very
> knowledgeable members that may be able to guide me to the resources I
> need.  I work in the public school system as an educational
> diagnostician.  I administer and interpret intelligence and
achievement
> tests. I am also responsible for addressing the functional
implications
> of disabilities that have been diagnosed by psychologists, medical
> doctors, and/or other professionals.  We have a new student in
> kindergarten that has been diagnosed by a neuropsychologist
with "shaken
> baby syndrome". The Axis I diagnosis is "dementia".  I have located
> several web pages on neurology and neuropsychology, but I need to have
> some reputable sources. Can anyone help me?

Did a medical doctor provide the diagnosis of shaken baby syndrome?
Were any subtle head injuries noted by the medical doctor including the
possibility of neurological side-effects/even shaken baby syndrome
causing epilepsy (including the subtle, non-convulsive types)?
Sometimes shaken baby syndrome includes the idea of learning
difficulties/disabilities being caused by subtle brain injuries.
Here's the website address for the non-profit Learning Disabilities
Association of America (LDA):  http://www.ldanatl.org/

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/