RETRACTION

Ken Collins KPaulC at email.msn.com
Sat Aug 14 00:48:24 EST 1999

finally got a chance to jump over to the web site.

i've a problem with this:

"Hearing doesn't involve the same time delay. Sounds vibrate relatively
large membranes ("ear drums"), and nerve cells attached to these membranes
respond more quickly than light- gathering cells in the eye."

the chemical processes in the retina are at pico-second response levels.

in my earlier reply, i'd assumed it was just a rehash of the dynamics of
lateral inhibition, which, it's long been known, does the sort of vectoring
that was quoted in the original post in this NG.

there's latency in the visual system as a whole, but this includes
convergence upon a muscle-activation response corresponding to directional
information in a sensory stimulus set. it occurs in all senses, and within
higher-'level' cognition.

seems to me that the Harvard report is 'just' another Bogus thing.

K. P. Collins