Do vision cells have an intrinsic orientation?

John johnhkm at netsprintXXXX.net.au
Fri Aug 13 19:21:12 EST 1999

Ken Collins wrote in message ...
>this's old stuff, reprocessed.

It's news to me. My primary interest here is if the same cells for all
individuals retain the orientation, looking for a genetic component as I've
always entertained the idea that there simply isn't sufficient genetic
information to code for every neuron placement and function. There may be
some intrinsic difference in the determined neurones and the plastic ones,
this may provide clues to developmental plasticity.

Please provide relevant refs as I would like to follow this through at some
point, which is a long time down the track anyway at present. Alternatively,
go find some new stuff to discuss, I can't remember everything to the extent
to determine whether's its news or not. Who do you think I am, Shereskeskii?

John
Remove XXXX in reply address