The Point

Ken Collins KPaulC at email.msn.com
Thu Aug 12 23:23:18 EST 1999

what's The Point?

Ken Collins wrote in message <#rWvLJw4#GA.497 at cpmsnbbsa02>...
>Alan M Dunsmuir wrote in message <7$I9rAAcyur3EwYA at moonrake.demon.co.uk>...
>
>>[...]
>
>>Your sad little w[db]2t [...] predicts, describes and explains nothing.
>
>do a little experiment.
>
>collect all the pennies in the world, and haul them all to the outside door
>of Big Ben's tower.

>[...]

first, i only used 'Big Ben's tower' in the example because the prior poster
chose it as a discussion point. any 'structure' can be substituted, in the
previous discussion. for Big Ben's tower... do it with a granite mountain,
and the mountain will crumble in the same way [might have to use more than
all the world's pennies, though].

The Point of my discussion has to do with the way folks've 'eliminated
variables' while 'analyzing' this-or-that in physical reality. via such
'elimination of variables', folks come up with a finite [see 'finitization',
AoK, Ap4] set of 'rules' which constitute a 'lens' through which the stuff
in question can be viewed.

typically, it's convenient to take this approach, but, with respect to
larger questions, it's dead-ended.

why?

because just 'eliminating variables' does not, itself, dictate to physical
reality what physical reality is.

so, if folks 'eliminate' stuff that has Existence within physical reality,
folks, simultaneously, impose upon themselves the inability to See physical
reality.

doing so artificially renders stuff 'impossible'... 'intractible', etc.,
through no correlation with respect to anything within physical reality,
except blind, automated TD E/I-minimization within nervous systems.

what's the 'big-deal'?

consider 'quantum mechanics', for instance... because of all the
'elimination of variables' that was inherent in Classical Mechanics, when
folks wanted to go beyond Classical Mechanics [and Einstein's Relativity
Theories], folks had to 'invent' stuff that doesn't exist within physical
reality in order to 'undo' the 'elimination of variables' that was done, in
the development of Classical Mechanics for the sake of 'calculational
convenience' [for the sake of blind, automated TD E/I-minimization within
their nervous systems].

the old saw, "two wrongs don't make a right", is particularly apres-po... as
all the so-called 'quantum weirdness' that's been so-often invoked in
discussions of physical reality, demonstrates clearly to anyone who only
Looks.

in the classical 'pendulum' of the preceding discussion, 'friction' was one
of the 'variables' that was 'eliminated' in the formulation of the 'set of
rules' that was converged upon.

and there it is... in eliminating 'friction', folks, simultaneously,
'eliminated' the one-way flow of energy from order to disorder that is
what's described by 2nd Thermo [wdb2t], =and= all correlation to physical
reality.

the 'correlations' that were built into the 'pendulum' 'rule set' have only
to do with TD E/I-minimization within the nervous systems of the folks who
developed the 'pendulum rule set'.

so, when other folks wanted to go beyond the classical view, they had to
'invent' stuff to 'account' for stuff that was arbitrarily 'eliminated' in
the classical view... only trouble was that, the going-beyond folks
maintained their alegience to the classical 'rule set'. in doing so, folks
accepted the classical dictate, 'thou shall not See physical reality'...

...so folks did the only thing that was left open to them. they 'invented' a
lot of non-sense that danced all around wdb2t, without actually acknwledging
its existence.

this turn of events also had its roots in blind, automated TD
E/I-minimization... folks didn't want to 'offend' classicists, and
classicists wanted to 'defend their turf' [AoK, 'short paper'], and would do
so by imposing elevated TD E/I upon any folks who'd 'disagree' with them,
which was experienced, by the 'going-beyond folks, as an 'impediment' that
was 'better gone-around'.

so the going-beyond folks invoked the classical 'conservation of angular
momentum', which is what's outwardly-'apparent' in adding a penny to either
the tob or the bottom of a "pendulum's" bob... the shortening, or
lengthening, of its period [which is the same stuff of a figure skater's
spinning faster, or slower, depending upon whether her arms are held in or
extended [hi, Katia :-)].

the trouble is that wdb2t is in-there, having Existence within physical
reality, and adding, or removing, pennies, increases, or decreases, the
wdb2t 'component' that's in-there, but which 'can't be talked about' because
it was erroneously 'eliminated'.

the sad thing... The Point... is that everything that was built 'on-top-of'
such erroneous 'eliminations' is also erroneous, by 'virtue' of it's having
carried the error through...

...which is Why, i had to discuss this stuff in bionet.neuroscience... it's
mostly Neuroscience.

cheers, K. P. Collins [ken]