Scientists See How Eyes Anticipate Motion

John johnhkm at netsprintXXXX.net.au
Thu Aug 12 02:36:05 EST 1999

"We guessed that the retina of the eye might begin processing visual
information before it sends it to the brain," explains Michael Berry II, a
postdoctoral fellow in molecular and cellular biology. "Then we did
experiments proving that the eye is capable of projecting ahead the
trajectory of a moving object so it's seen at its actual location. In fact,
activity in the eye can even lead, or anticipate, the position of a steadily
moving object."

http://www.news.harvard.edu/science/current_stories/15.Apr.99/motion.html