IUBio Biosequences .. Software .. Molbio soft .. Network News .. FTP

Verbal Fog In The Doctors Surgery?

ATeasd5941 ateasd5941 at aol.com
Sun Feb 8 11:28:33 EST 1998

You are sitting in your doctors office and suddenly you feel like
you are envoloped in a verbal fog?

You would do well to remember this: The verbal fog may have
served the doctor well in disguising their ignorance. You know
more than you think, it is all up there in your head only in a different
form. Most of medicine is the art of using an extention of our own 
 language effectively. Once you have learnt some of it you will 
suddenly realise what utter rubbish you have been listening to!
Now you can walk out of the doctors office with a smile on your face :o)

Medicine and health care is full of "tautology" ( a new word for you to
look up to see if you agree.)

1% of the people in health care think, the other 99% learn by
rote what the 1% thought about ( my opinion) 

Carol T

More information about the Neur-sci mailing list

Send comments to us at biosci-help [At] net.bio.net