preparing the trigeminal ganglion

Sascha Pfeiffer pfeiffer at mzdmza.zdv.uni-mainz.de
Thu Jan 25 05:26:22 EST 1996

Hi !

I want to prepair the trigeminal ganglion (TG) from
embryonal rats day 18 (or younger if its possible).

My problem is, that I want to isolate the RNA from
the TG and to use it for (quantitative) PCR after reverse
transcription, so that its necessary to be able to
perpair the TG without any cells from surrounding tissue.

For the PCR I`m using specific primers (20mer) for different
voltage-gated potassium channel isoforms (RCKs)to detect
the isoform-specific transcripts.

I want to examine the isoformspecific expression pattern
during the pre- and postnatal development of the TG in rats.

is anyone used in that subject?
would be great if somone could help me

thanks a lot

kerstin