visual stimulator

Vanderbilt vanderbilt.edu
Thu Jan 25 23:14:11 EST 1996

In article <30FA392B.3FBC at neuroinformatik.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>, Benjamin
Godde <godde at neuroinformatik.ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we are looking for a graphic card to generate visual stimuli in
> electrophysiological experiment.
> This card should have a extensive library for complex graphics and
> should be easyly programmable (we have a 120 Hz monitor).
> We have to use bars,gratings,rectangles(different angles) which are
> moving or flickering or stationary. Also we have to use complex random
> patterns or foreground/background stimuli.
>
> Any suggestions or adresses?

Dr. Robert Douglas at the University of British Columbia, Canada designs
and sells a program for visual (and electrical) stimulation and data
collection for the Macintosh computer. (it's called A/Dvance)  I've seen
his displays, and some of them are pretty complex. He might have some
information of interest to you.

He has a website at:

http://www.mckellar.com, or you can E-mail at:

rdouglas at mckellar.com