something to read

Alan J. Robinson robin073 at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Wed Jan 24 07:33:39 EST 1996

On 23 Jan 1996 09:54:16 -0500,
Turtle5496  <turtle5496 at aol.com > wrote:

>I am an inquisitive high school senior who is attempting to learn more
>about a field that interests me very much.  I am interested in
>neuropsychology and would appreciate any information regarding other
>newsgroups or books to read.

Theresa:

As well as the special issue of Scientific American that Matt
mentioned, there is the excellent Scientific American Library.
Several relevant books would be "Sleep" by Hobson, "Images of Mind" by
Raichle & Posner, and "Molecules and Mental Illness" by Barondes.

These are also worthwhile reading for anyone working in the behavioral
and brain sciences, not just neuroscience, as these research fields
are now advancing very rapidly.

AJR