REPLY TO HOUSE

George Hammond prep at unix.ccsnet.com
Wed Jan 24 03:13:01 EST 1996

Dear Prof. John House: I've been meaning to reply to you since I saw your
postings on ASSESS-P (Listserv) vis a vis my Preprint BBS months ago.  That
issue has been resolved and PREP (http://www.ccsnet.com/prep) is now a FREE
public service facility for General Psychology.
        I'm interested however in your views concerning "hard" science vs
"soft" science expressed lately, and your recent query concerning the
scientific bona fides of my claim to have discovered the Structurall Model
(and that its located in the Fornix).
        A "hard" science is a science whose laws can be traced to an axiom
(i.e. a "self evident fact").  The shortest distance between two points is a
straight line, is considered an axiom, because while you can't prove it, it is
considered self evident.  From that we deduce Euclidian geometry.  Math is a
hard science because all its laws can be traced to axioms.  The same with
Physics. That space is 3-dimensionl is an axiom, and from that axiom
basically, you can derive Einstein's theory of gravity etc.
        A law however such as "loudness depends on the logarithm of the sound
wave amplitude" is an empirical or experimental law, because while evidence
proves it, it CANNOT be traced to an axiom.  Similarly, when Eysenck claims
that Personality Structure can be shown to be three dimensional (his
celebrated E,N,P result), this is an empirical or experimental law, not an
axiomatic law, because it can't be traced to any known axiom. (in fact it
can't even be traced to a biological cause in this particular case).
        NOW, THE CURRENT POINT OF INTEREST, is that I am here making the claim
that an AXIOM has been discovered which proves that the Structural Model is,
in fact, not only experimentally 3-dimensional, but AXIOMATICLLY three
dimensional.  The importance of this is that it means that Psychology is now a
"hard" science, where before my discovery, Psychology was a "soft" science.
As Peter Merenda (Chairman of the Committee on Foreign Relations for the APA,
by the way) points out in the introduction to my second paper (visible on
PREP), it took 30 years for Psychology to be accepted in the International
Scientific Union, because they claimed it wasn't even a science!  And now I am
here, (a physicist) claiming that I have found the axiomatic law of physics
underlying the Structurall Model, or to put it more accurately, have found
that there IS an axiomatic law of physics underlying the Structurall Model!
        O.K., so now we've arrived at the stepping off point of your recent
posting to ASSESS-P, and that is "why is the Fornix the homunculus of the
Structurall Model of Personality?", as you have put it.  And furthermore, why
is that an AXIOM OF PHYSICS?
                         * * * * * * * * * *
                     *             *             *
                  *   right        *       left     *
                *   sensory        *       sensory    *
              *                    *                    *
             *        RHippo       *        LHippo       *
             *             X       *       X             *
             *               X     *     X               *
             *                 X   *   X                 *
             *                   X * X                   *
             * * * * * * * * * * * X * * * * * * * * * * *
             *                   X * X                   *
             *                 X       X                 *
             *               X   FORNIX  X               *
             *             X               X             *
             *      RMam'lry       *         LMam'lry    *
              *                    *                    *
  THE           *     right        *         left     *
PHYSICS BRAIN      *  motor        *         motor  *
                      *            *             *
                         * * * * * * * * * * *

 You really have to view my papers (on PREP at http://www.ccsnet.com/prep),
which are fully illustrated in professional and laborious detail to fully
comprehend the theory.  I have put these papers on the Internet (even tho they
are published) so you won't have to go to a library to read them.
        Anyway, the above diagram is a sketch of my Fig. 4, (in my 1994 NIP
paper by Pergamon).  What it shows is the geometry of the Fornix in relation
to the 4-major lobes of the brain.  The vertical and horizontal lines are the
Medial and Central (Rolandic) fissures; dividing the L-R (Sperrian) lobes and
the Motor-Sensory (Bell-Magendie) lobes.  As my 1994 paper (on PREP) shows,
the Fornix connects these four major lobes via Gray's celebrated
Septohippocampal system, which he has established, is a neuropsychological
Personality structure.
        The AXIOMATIC basis of all this comes in, as my published papers show,
in laborious, documented, illustrated form; because the Medial and Central
fissures are CAUSED by the Cartesian -binary cleavage of the egg in
embryology.  We are not bilaterally symmetric and four-footed by accident.  It
is caused by binary-cartesian cell cleavage and is mandated, a priori, by the
fact that the human body has to possess cartesian geometric structure (again
see my papers on PREP).
        At anyrate, it is proven in my papers, that PSYCHOMETRIC GEOMETRY IS
IDENTICAL TO BRAIN GEOMETRY; GEOMETRICAL BRAIN STRUCTURE.  Eysenck's E,N,P for
instance are physically congruent with the medial and central fissures and the
neuraxis (the "x,y,z axes" of the brain!).  Your celebrated BIG-5 model (which
is currently taking up so much space in the APA's American Psychologist and
everywhere else) is just E,N,P plus (Gray's) two diagonal axes passing thru
the left and right axes of the FORNIX! (again see my papers on PREP, at
http://www.ccsnet.com/prep, I have put them there so that you don't have to
even leave the comfort of your armchair to see them!).
WHAT ALL OF THIS MEANS, as I have said in my banner headline:
        US PHYSICIST DISCOVERS STRUCTURAL MODEL
Is that, it has been discovered that the long sought for STRUCTURAL MODEL OF
PERSONALITY has been discovered and proven, to ORIGINATE and be CAUSED BY an
axiomatic law of physics.  Therefore, it has been discovered that the
Structural Model of Personality is a "HARD" law of science, not an "empiricl"
or "experimental" law of science, and therefore, Psychology no longer and
"empirical science" it is a "hard science".
        Now, finally, I would point out to you, that NO ONE, EVER, in the
history of Psychology has ever proposed that the 3-axis, simple cartesian
geometry of the body (and the brain) is the origin of the long sought for
STRUCTURAL MODEL.  I am absolutely, the first, and only scientist in the
history of the world to advance such a theory.  I defy you to cite one single
scientific reference in the literature to such a theory, and you may trace the
literature all the way back to Hippocrates.  I am the first, and therefore the
DISCOVERER of this scientific fact.
        Now, I don't think I need to tell someone like you, "what is the
importance of this", but for the uninitiated, let me quote the last few
paragraphs from a letter which you may see in the "editorial comments" section
on the PREP, Psychology Preprint Bulletin Board, briefly:
1.  Freud's Id, Ego, SrEgo and Libido are proven to be the L-sens, R-mot,
R-sens and L-mot lobes of the brain.
2.  The Bicameral/2-Party system is CAUSED by the Str'l Model of Personality
therefore the Russian BI/1P system is a flawed form of government.
3.  The Cross of Christianity represents the Cartesian Psychological Str. of
the Brain, and
the 4-Gospel Canon (Matt, Mark, Luke and John) ARE the 4 canonical
Personalities of the Structural Model of Personality.  This should effectively
eradicate antisemitism from the Christian religion.
4.  All psychometric models, 2,3,4,5,6,7 factor, may be shown to be
redactions/projections of the basic (cubic/cartesian) geometry of the brain.
5.  Thurstones Simple Structure (e.g. Varimax/Promax) is CAUSED by the
increased density in the symmetry planes of the Cartesian Structure of the
Brain
6.  Eysenck's and Gray's biological models are reconciled, proven and unified
by the Cartesian Theory of the Brain
7.  The 4-Varnas of the Hindu Caste system are proven to be nothing more
mysterious than a version of the BI/2P system, therby liberating a half a
billion Hindiis from 3,000 years of bondage in the Caste system.
        The list goes on and on to include EVERY SINGLE major result in the
field of Personality, please refer to my papers of PREP at
http://www.ccsnet.com/prep
Sincerely, George Hammond,  email  prep at unix.ccsnet.com