Attaching EEG electrodes - how?

Dennis McClain-Furmanski dmcclain at runet.edu
Sun Jan 21 04:26:10 EST 1996

noam hadas (slp_ltd at mail.netvision.net.il) wrote:
:
: Hi,
: Does anyone know of a better way to attach EEG electrodes?
: We use collodion paste and medi-cream and we hate both.
:
: Any Ideas?
: Thanks in advance
: Noam
:

I've been using EGI's Geodesic Sensor Net with 128 electrodes for 4
months, and it does a fine job, as well as our older 19 electrode machine
and paste electrodes. It uses strictly elastic band tension for holding
the electrodes in place, and mild KCl solution for conductivity. The
electrodes themselves are wrapped in sponge to hold the electrolyte and
make contact. Some of my lab mates are facile with both, and are amazed
at being able to do 6.5 X as many electrodes in less than half the time.
I suggest you look at their design.