HAMMOND CLAIMS DISCOVERY OF STR'L MODEL

George Hammond prep at unix.ccsnet.com
Fri Jan 19 03:15:36 EST 1996

HAMMOND CLAIMS DISCOVERY OF THE STRUCTURAL MODEL

Personality psychologists are aware that empirical research on the Structural
Model of Personality (herein SMOP) is currently very advanced.  Eysenck's
E,N,P, the Big-5, Cattell's 16PF are highly visible fixtures in today's
literature.  Eysenck's and Gray's neuropsychological models are extremly well
entrenched.  In fact, the case can be made that "empirically speaking", the
Structural Model has been discovered.

THE PROBLEM is that an "empirical" result is only half a discovery- there's no
theoretical explanation for it- in fact, it can be argued that there IS NO
theoretical explanation of it- leastwise not one, simple, singular, pure,
axiomatic explanation for it.

Lo and behold however, a NEW DISCOVERY has been made- made and PUBLISHED, in
the refereed professional literature which claims that THERE IS, ONE, SIMPLE,
SINGULAR, PURE, AXIOMATIC, BIOLOGICAL REASON FOR IT!

The purpose of this message is to introduce Personality psychologists to this
discovery.  Fortunately I do not need to present the theory here, a copy of my
published paper can be viewed (fully illustrated) at PREP, the Psychology
Preprint Bulletin Board, at:

WWW =   http://www.ccsnet.com/prep   (look in Category VIIc)

To wheten your appetite however, let me tell you this much here.  I am a
theoretical physicist working in Psychology.  I have discovered that the SMOP
is CAUSED BY THE SIMPLE 3-axis GEOMETRY (i.e. "cartesian geometry") of the
brain.  This is not simply one of your handwaving eclectic tautologies, NO, it
is a bona fide, hard science, proven, published, discovery.

Let me give you something to chew on.  The cartesian-binary cleavage of the
egg produces the medial and central fissures of the brain.  These 4-lobes
CAUSE Eysenck's E,N,P.  The Fornix is an "X" which connects these 4-lobes
diagonally and CAUSES Gray's (diagonal) biological model (AnxD and ImpD).
These 5-dimensions (3+2=5) CAUSE the clebrated Big-5 model.  (I will be
reporting this as an invited speaker at the XXVIth annual Congress of
Psychology in Montreal next summer).

So there, in one paragraph, I have explained the origin of Eysenck, Gray and
the Big-5.  The rest of Personality theory is explained in my paper(s) which
you can conveniently click to with your Web-browser, on PREP.

Yes, Mister Hammond, has discovered the biological origin of the Structural
Model.

I would be fascinated in the extreme of course, in the comments of any
Personality researcher who doubts the veracity of this historic claim- this
historic calling card to history.