Special fix?

jcoleman at msvax.mssm.edu jcoleman at msvax.mssm.edu
Thu Jan 18 16:42:57 EST 1996

I was wondering if anyone knows about a special fixative commercially
available for fixing hard to maintain antigens? It was recommended to me
at Neuroscience meeting and I ended up with food poisioning and was unable
to go back on the last day of the meeting to look into it.. I can't
remember the name of the company selling it. Also if anyone has any
suggestions for fixes that are good for hard to perserve antigens Iwould
greatly appreciate hearing about it...acetone is best at the moment, para
is horrible...problem is acetone is really tough on the tissue and difficult
to perserve the structure.

Jen