catnip :)

Sandra L Wegert sandraw at U.Arizona.EDU
Thu Jan 18 01:56:08 EST 1996

Hi nice people,

I've always been curious about this, but couldn't find it
anywhere.

Um, does anyone know what the "drug" is in catnip?  And
why does it only work on cats (or is that not true)?

Any hints or conjectures would be very much appreciated,
or you can tell me where to go (which newsgroup, that is).

Always curious (as is Rollie, my beloved Tabby)

P.S., I'm a grad student in Pharmacology, so I'll use this
information for good, not evil.

Sandra