Limiting factor in stroke recovery

LRC PT lrcpt at aol.com
Fri Jan 12 03:34:46 EST 1996

I'm a physical therapist in a rehab setting. The current thought on
recovery post CVA is that the most SPONTANEOUS recovery occurs in the
first 3-6 months. With the appropriate OT and PT, many patients cont. to
make functional improvements 1-2 years post. I've had many patients who
became independent in walking in the second year post. I hope this helps!