ion channel modelling software?

Dave Beeman dbeeman at dogstar.Colorado.edu
Thu Jan 11 13:37:10 EST 1996

In article <1996Jan5.175041.70615 at cc.usu.edu>, davef at cc.usu.edu writes:
|> I would like suggestions/information about commercial software for stochastic
|> modelling, in particular, modelling voltage-gated ion channels.  I need
|> something that (at least) allows one to define a number of states, and then the
|> state transition rates and their voltage dependencies.

How about something non-commercial?  The GENESIS simulator contains a
library of objects to do this sort of thing.  (See Napores.doc and
Kpores.doc) in the GENESIS distribution.)  You can get GENESIS by anonymous
ftp from ftp://genesis.bbb.caltech.edu/pub/genesis.

Prof. David Beeman, GENESIS Users Group
- dbeeman at bbb.caltech.edu - dbeeman at dogstar.colorado.edu
GENESIS WWW site - http://www.bbb.caltech.edu/GENESIS