Cat scratch

Neal Prakash eamg061 at aldebaran.oac.uci.edu
Sun Jan 7 23:13:24 EST 1996

Jen,

There is a disease called "cat-scratch fever" caused by a bacteria. This
usually occurs after a cat scratch and results in lymphadenopathy and
fever. the prognosis is excellent. (taken from Merck Manual 16th ed.,
p.158). I never heard of any facial deformities resulting from it...

> >I'd like to add one to the "grandmother strange disease" category...my
> >grandmother was a nurses aide once and she said they had a child who had "cat
> >scratch" disease and the kid evidently had been scratch up by a cat ...and my
> >grandmother swears the kid's face started looking more and more like a cat's
> >face and was really sick. Any ideas? *smile*
> >
> >Jen Coleman
>

> "Crie de Chat" is a congental birth disorder that results in some
> physical malformation and mental retardation: as the name suggests these
> babies have a cry that sounds like that of a cat. Not exactly what your
> grandmother described, but the first thing I thought of involving a cat.

-neal prakash

http://meded.com.uci.edu:80/~nprakash/neal.html

"Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never
cease to be amused." -author unknown to me.