"Shrinking Brain"???

Karoly Mirnics, M.D. karoly at vms.cis.pitt.edu
Mon Jan 8 10:46:55 EST 1996

Tamera Blood <tamera at ecst.csuchico.edu> writes:
> >My grandmother was talking about somone who went crazy from something
> >called "the shrinking brain desease"  When questioned, my grandmother
> >insisted that was the name.
> >
> >Does anybody here have any idea what she was talking about???

Probably cortex atrophy. Actually, it is not a bad description
of what is going on.

Karoly
Karoly Mirnics, M.D.         "No amount of planning will
W1413 BST                        ever replace dumb luck..."
School of Medicine
University of Pittsburgh      - my tribute to the genius of
Pittsburgh PA 15261                 Edsel Murphy-
Tel:(412) 648-9086; Fax:(412) 648-1441
http://bigfoot.neurobio.pitt.edu/karoly.htm
talk karoly at bigfoot.neurobio.pitt.edu