questran powder

Udin, Susan SUdin at ubmedb.buffalo.edu
Fri Jan 5 16:58:31 EST 1996

Dear Dale,

The generic name for questran is cholestyramine.  If you do a search on
Hubnet, you'll find hundreds of papers with "cholestyramine" as a text
word.  I've done a quick search of reviews with that word, and here are a
few articles to get you started.  I haven't read the whole articles, but the
abstracts sound useful.  Good luck.

Susan Udin (sudin at ubmedb.buffalo.edu)

1.  Grumbach K. How effective is drug treatment of hypercholesterolemia?
A guided tour of the major clinical trials for the primary care physician
Journal of the American Board of Family Practice. 4(6):437-45, 1991

 2. Steiner A. Weisser B. Vetter W. A comparative review of the adverse
effects of treatments for hyperlipidaemia. Drug Safety. 6(2):118-30, 1991.

 3. Brown WV. Review of clinical trials: proving the lipid hypothesis.
European Heart Journal. 11 Suppl H:15-20, 1990.

 4. LaRosa J. Review of clinical studies of bile acid sequestrants for
lowering plasma lipid levels. Cardiology. 76 Suppl 1:55-61; discussion 61-4,
1989.

 5. Lavie CJ. Gau GT. Squires RW. Kottke BA. Management of lipids in primary
and secondary prevention of cardiovascular diseases. Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
63(6):605-21, 1988.