Coating Material

Susan F Volman svolman at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Wed Sep 28 22:33:58 EST 1994

In article <jimworkCwLsEB.FM9 at netcom.com>,
James A. Work <jimwork at netcom.com> wrote:
>I am trying to find an electrode coating material for chronic
>implantation.  About a million years ago, I used some stuff called
>Epoxolite, but I can't remember where it cam from.  If anyone can
>recommend a good coating material and it source, I would be most grateful.

The Epoxylite I have is about 6 years old, and has 3 addresses on it.  One
in Irvine, CA, one in Westerville, OH, and one in Bradford, England.
I looked in the local phone book, and lo and behold:  The Epoxylite Co.
of Ohio  614 882-8511.

Depending on your 'trode construction, you might consider teflon coating.
You have to track down a local commercial shop that does this, and then you
have to figure out what type of teflon to use at what thickness.  Some
varieties can be leaky if thinly applied.  Also, don't get black -- it may
have carbon in it for the color, and can conduct.

Now, can anyone tell me where to buy Insul-X -- particularly red Insul-X?
The company used to be in Yonkers, NY, but as I recall, they didn't sell
direct (except perhaps in industrial vats).

/Susan Volman