Neuroscience labs in Spain and England

William Moody profbill at u.washington.edu
Wed Sep 21 17:53:59 EST 1994

heman at minerva.cis.yale.edu (Edgardo Nazario) writes:

>Im a senior at Yale University interested in spending a year abroad during
>neuroscience research. Im interested in cellular mechanisms of learning and
>in respiratory processes.

>If anybody knows of any labs in Spain or England interested in giving
>foreign students research opportunities please let me know via this
>newsgroup or preferably via E-mail. My address is:
>heman at minerva.cis.yale.edu

>Thanks in advance,

>Edgardo Nazario

>--
>Posted/mailed from a Macintosh with a room connection to Yale University's
>campus network.

>Yale University assumes no responsibilities for either the content of this
>article or the identity of the author

   There are alot of such labs in England.  I used to work in the
Department of Physiology in Bristol, which is very strong in
Neuroscience.  At the cellular end of things are Jonathon Ashmore (hair
cells of the cochlea), RW Meech (molluscan neurons, and other invert
cellular neuro), RC Thomas (internal pH regulation and hydrogen ion
channels in molluscs).  There are other more mammalian CNS types there
too.  Bristol is a wonderful city to live in and the department is very
active.
Bill Moody