hallucinogens and depression

eortega at sdcc13.ucsd.edu eortega at sdcc13.ucsd.edu
Mon Sep 12 01:44:35 EST 1994

Does anyone know if there is a connection between LSD/psilocybin
administration and the onset of clinical depression.  I wonder if, like how
cocaine depletes the dopamine system, LSD can deplete the brain of
serotonin.  Is this possible?

--
If our actions are interfered with -- say, by a prefrontal lobotomy --
then our capacity for handling information is seriously impaired and

                                        --> Richard M. Restak, M.D. <--