Screenwriter with Brain Question

Sylvan Freeman asylvan at ix.netcom.com
Fri Sep 2 17:53:20 EST 1994

Folks-
I am not a scientist!  Skip this post if you are not interested in
helping a screenwriter who needs an answer for a film.

Question: like a fingerprint, is there any unique identifier in a person's
brain wave pattern, e.g., in an EEG?  (At this point I must ask you to
exuse any ignorance on my part or misuse of terminology.  I apologize
profusely...)  For instance, during REM, or perhaps meditation, if
reviewing the EEG from several subjects, over time would you be able
to look at the printout and _know_ whose pattern you were looking at?

If the answer to the above is "no," if someone were to discover
a unique identifier, what form would you expect it to take?

I hope this is not too vague.

Thanks.
S. Freeman