prefrontal cortex and electrophysiology

Geoffrey Mark Schoenbaum schoenbg at med.unc.edu
Fri Mar 25 15:24:34 EST 1994

Hello,

I'm looking for any research I've missed in the area extracellular
recording of neural activity in the prefrontal cortex, particularly of
rodents.  I'm currently finishing up my dissertation at UNC partly
involving the analysis of ensembles of neurons recorded from the
prefrontal cortices of rodents performing a learned task.  I've searched
and searched but failed to come up with any directly relevant research.
I've found plenty of electrophys done in primate prefrontal cortex, but
very little in rodents, and within this body of research none that focuses
on orbital and lateral prefrontal cortex (olfaction) or ensemble behavior.
 In fact most is on anaesthetized animals.  Am I really that far out
there?  Any leads would be greatly appreciated!  Email would be best.

Geoff Schoenbaum
schoenbg at med.unc.edu