CEREBRAL PALSY! We are interested in getting into science contacts.

Elena Oryel kt at valset.spb.su
Mon Mar 21 15:57:25 EST 1994

Dear colleagues!

I am posting this message on behalf of Institute of Experimental
Medicine, St-Petersburg, Russia

We are looking the addresses of rehabilitation science
centers and laboratories which specialized in Cerebral Palsy.
We are interested in getting into science contacts.

                            Elena Oryol
     The  major  part  of  investigations  conducted  at  our
laboratory  are  aimed  at  disclosure   of   mechanisms   of
brain  development in normal and pathology and working out of
new treatment methods.
     Main  subjects  of  our  investigations:  children  with
cerebral palsy.
     Main  research  methods: EEG, evoked potentials, surface
EMG, EMG  with  stimilation  (registration  of  H-reflex  and
M-wave), assessment of muscular tonus, clinical assessment of
neurological  motor status and movement activity with help of
score scale, assessment of hand accuracy, speed and  rate  of
movement   (on  specially  developed  computerized  complex),
assessment of psychological functions.
     Main field of scientific interests:  neurophysiology  of
motor  control,  compensatory  plasticity  of CNS, functional
asymmetry of CNS, neurophysiology  of  spasticity,  controled
neuroontogenesis.
     Main  field  of  clinical  interests: development of new
approaches to assessment of functional state of CNS in normal
and pathology, development of treatment methods of functional
bioregulation   training   (based   on   natural  consciously
controlled afferent flows from muscles) and transcranial  and
transvertebral  micropolarization, quantitative assessment of
motor and sensation functions in clinics .

                            Dr.A.Shelyakin