Schizophrenia newsgroup/list?

Steven Roy Daviss sdaviss at COSY.AB.UMD.EDU
Fri Mar 18 17:34:49 EST 1994

On 16 Mar 1994, Db lowe wrote:

> Is there a USEnet newsgroup or a BITNET mailing list that covers schizophrenia?
> I'm trying to get a handle on the latest etiological theories. . .thanks!
>
> Derek Lowe
> dblowe at aol.com

Here's two:
SCHIZ-L 	Schizophrenia Clinical and Basic Science Research List
SCHIZOPH	Schizophrenia Information Exchange Network

SCHIZ-L is geared more towards discussion about schizophrenia research,
while SCHIZOPH is more general, and includes people with the illness and
family members.  The latter is more active, and the former less so (both
are 2-3 months old).

To subscribe:

SCHIZ-L:  send the message "SUBSCRIBE SCHIZ-L yourfirstname yourlastname"
	  (without the quotes) to LISTSERV at UMAB.UMD.EDU or to
	  LISTSERV at UMAB.BITNET.  Listowner is yours truly.

SCHIZOPH: send the message "SUB SCHIZOPH yourfirstname yourlastname"
	  to LISTSERV at VM.UTCC.UTORONTO.CA.  Listowner is Chris Glover
	  (cglover at oise.on.ca).

	-Steve Daviss  <sdaviss at cosy.ab.umd.edu>