Does melatonin affect striatal CHAT activity

MR CS BOYD g89b8129 at warthog.ru.ac.za
Thu Mar 10 05:10:03 EST 1994

Behavioural studies have clearly demonstrated that the pineal hormone
melatonin has a modulatory affect on locomotor activity. I'm thus interested
in determining the biochemical role of melatonin in the striatum. Thus I
would appreciate any reference sources pertaining to this area of research,
particularly whether melatonin has an effect on striatal CHAT activity in
vitro or in vivo

Thanks
Clint Boyd

Department of Biochemistry