neuroplasticity

Jonathan jong at coho.halcyon.com
Mon Mar 7 12:58:07 EST 1994

MAD AS HELL, ewass at helix.nih.gov (Eric Wassermann) scratched out:
>In article <1994Mar6.200627.17167 at news.yale.edu>,
>FRICHARD at biomed.med.yale.edu (Frank Richardson) wrote:
>>
>> In <ik93.762979812 at sol> ik93 at sol.acs.unt.edu writes:
>> > I am interested in studies or articles about neuroplasticity especially
>> > from a medical perspective.  I am trying to convince an orthopedic
>> > surgeon that change within the nervous system is possible.  He is of the
>> > opinion that the CNS is a static or slowly deteriorating system.  Any
>> > help would be appreciated.

	I've got a text book here on Basic Neurobiology that has a
section on plasticity in the visual cortex.
	Nicholls, J. G., Martin R. A., Wallace B. G., "From Neuron
to Brain" 3rd ed. 1992.  Sinauer Associates Inc. MA.

	I also have a list of citations that may apply.  I know that
Stryker and Constantine-Paton are researching this as well.  You
might try them in Medline starting at around 1983.

	Good luck.