Models of Cell Excitability

Anthony Varghese avarg at ahpcrc.umn.edu
Tue Feb 15 10:42:42 EST 1994

Dear Netters,

 I am writing a survey/review of cell membrane excitability models. I have
a fair number of models that I know about but I am sure to miss some. So please
send me a reference to YOUR favorite model that is not in the following list:

	 1. Hodgkin & Huxley (1952)		(Natch!)

	 2. Noble (1960)			 cardiac
	 3. Noble-Tsien (1968)		 	   "
	 4. McAllister-Noble-Tsien (1975) 	   "
	 5. Beeler-Reuter (1977)		   "
	 6. Yanagihara	(1980)			   "
	 7. DiFrancesco-Noble (1985)		   "
	 8. Denyer-DiFrancesco-Noble(1989)	   "
	 9. Earm-Hilgemann-Noble (1990)		   "

	10. Chay & Keizer (1983)	 Pancreatic Beta Cells

	11. Traub (1991)		 Hippocampal CA3 neurons

	12. Bristow & Clark (1982)		cardiac
	13. Murphey et al. (1991)		  "

	14. Ekeberg (1991)			lamprey

These are all the ones that come to mind right now. If there's sufficient
indication of interest, I will post a summary in this newsgroup.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send replies to: varghese at poincare.wbme.jhu.edu

Thanks,

 Tony Varghese
 Johns Hopkins/Univ. of Minnesota