paired-pulse facilitation / auditory tract

Richard E. Myers rmyers at ics.uci.edu
Thu Feb 3 16:23:22 EST 1994

I'm trying to find information on the role of paired-pulse
facilitation (PPF) in auditory processing.  I've found one paper* that
discusses PPF in the auditory nerve, but I am also interested in
studies that characterize any PPF in the dorsal cochlear nucleus,
medial geniculate body or auditory cortex.

I would also appreciate any papers that speculate on the computational
effect/purpose of PPF in the brain.

Best Wishes,

  -- Richard

* J.H. Siegel and E.M Relkin, "Evidence of presynaptic facilitation in
primary cochlear afferent neurons." Hearing Research, 29 (1987)
169-177.

   "Every day is alone in itself, whatever enjoyment I've had, and
    whatever sorrow I've had... it is like waking from a dream." -- H.M.