MACs for psychophysics

Patrick Hurh hurh at fnal.fnal.gov
Mon Jan 25 13:34:56 EST 1993

In article <DAVIS.93Jan24221710 at pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu>,
davis at pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu ("John E. Davis") wrote:

> I am posting this for a friend.  I have no idea of the proper group in which
> to post this article.
>
>                         ------------------------------
> Our laboratory is interested using a Mac to display simple and complex
> images as stimuli in human psychophysical experimentation.  We would need
> control of the timing and need synch pulses to control auxiliary equipment.
>  Is anyone aware of commercial hardware/software packages to do this?
> Please respond directly to duffyfr at a1.tch.harvard.edu.  Thank you.
> Frank H. Duffy

Not sure if this would work for your app, but a project I design for uses
LabView to display and analyze synchrotron light (from protons ie ultra
violet) plus send pulses to stepper motors and the like.  It is a very
flexible package which you program yourself to interact through NuBus
boards to your various pieces of equipment.

> --
> #
> # internet: davis at amy.tch.harvard.edu
> #   bitnet: davis at ohstpy