WANTED: Highest Optical Quality Light Table for 2DG Autoradiography

merlin merlin at neuro.usc.edu
Mon May 11 21:48:35 EST 1992

Hello,

We currently have a Chroma Pro slide duplicating light table with two
voltage regulators in series to provide the long term stability needed
for digitizing images from 2DG autoradiography films.  This table was
provided as part of the DREXEL/DUMAS "BRAIN" image analysis system.

Basically we have two problems with our existing table:

  o  The film is not evenly illuminated by the underlaying tungsten
     halogen projector lamp and fresnel lense combination

  o  The Schneider enlarger lense is not optically coated and gives
     far too many internal refelctions.

Would anyone with experience identifying light tables with the flatest
possible illumination and good quality camera lenses recommend a table
which we could acquire from a commercial source?

Thanks, AJ

Alexander-James Annala
Principal Investigator
Neuroscience Image Analysis Network
HEDCO Neuroscience Building, Fifth Floor
University of Southern California
University Park
Los Angeles, CA 90089-2520