statistical packages

Mike Berger berger at atropa
Thu May 21 15:07:53 EST 1992

davis at shasta.bu.edu ("John E. Davis") writes:
>   Are there are local Boston area people who have purchased STATSCI's S-plus
>statistical package?  It is thought to be much better than RS1 and it may be
>appropriate for us to switch to it.  We are considering purchasing this
>package but before we do, we would like to hear what others think about it.
*----
Stat Sci will let you try it out for 30 days, so you can see for
yourself.  I'm not a statistician, but S-Plus is a very popular
program in this department.  It's graphical, interactive, and yo
can integrate S-Plus routines into your own C and Fortran programs.
--
	Mike Berger
	Department of Statistics, University of Illinois
	Internet    berger at atropa.stat.uiuc.edu