seeking physiologist, Boston MA

John E. Davis davis at shasta.bu.edu
Tue Jun 9 08:19:58 EST 1992

I am posting this for a friend.  If you want this job, do not reply to me,
rather reply to harris at neuro.tch.harvard.edu.

Dear Colleagues,

     I am seeking to hire a Postdoctoral Fellow or Research Associate with
experience in hippocampal slice physiology.  The projects in our laboratory
center on the ontogeny of hippocampal long term potentiation and the
anatomical correlates of both the shortterm and longterm phases of LTP at
differing postnatal ages.  We use a new microwave-enhanced fixation protocol
which allows us to fix the slices within a minute of the last recording.  Then
serial electron microscopy is combined with our new series sample analysis to
evaluate anatomical changes in the neuropil.  Thus, the candidate should have
an interest in the anatomical substrates of neuronal function.  I would
greatly appreciate your posting this position and discussing it with your
colleagues and students.  The position is available immediately and will
remain open until an appropriate candidate is selected.  Person to contact:

         Kristen M. Harris, Ph.D.

         Department of Neurology
         Children's Hospital (and Harvard Medical School)
         260 Enders Pediatric Research Building
         300 Longwood Ave.
         Boston, MA  02115

         Phone: 617-735-6373