potassium channel info

amolina amolina at es.cica
Thu Jun 25 07:54:47 EST 1992

	Dear sir/madam,

	I'm a graduate student at Universidad de Sevilla, Spain. My
work deals with a potassium channel sited on the plasma membrane of
the carotid body. This channel is regulated by the ammount of blood
oxygen, in that way this channel SENSES it.
	I am very interestied on other ionic channels capable of
sensing a physiological parameter in order to give an answer (an
action potential), my interest is on the molecular biology of the
transduction mechanism itself (how the channel operates and all the
intermediate steps between reception and cell response.

	If you work in this area, please tell me something about your
research, references, etc.

	Thanks a lot and regards from Spain.

					Sincerely,

					A. Molina.