[Microbiology] Experiment with bacteria and magnets

Lina Dances via microbio%40net.bio.net (by lsc.dancing from gmail.com)
Thu Feb 10 01:14:55 EST 2011

Hi
I am in grade 10 and would like to do a science fair experiment using agar
dishes and a simple culture from staph epidermidis and have strong magnets
(north and south) in each side of the petri dish, to see if the bacteria
chooses to align with the magnets.
I am unsure if this will show any changes at all, please tell me if this is
not a good idea, and if there are other ideas to see effects of the magnetic
fields in cellular life.
Thank you!!!
Lina