[Microbiology] E.coli MC4100 thi- genotype

Julian Spagnuolo via microbio%40net.bio.net (by julianspagnuolo from hotmail.com)
Mon Feb 23 23:09:22 EST 2009

Hello fellow slaves of science.
I'm trying to create a pspA reporter plasmid by linking the psp
promoter using the thi- genotype of E.coli MC4100 as an auxotrophic
marker, however I'm having 'a little' trouble finding out which gene
has actually been deleted or mutated so that I can incorporate it into
my plasmid.
Does anyone out there know what gene the thi- in E.coli MC4100 actually is?
Thanks,
Julian